Thursday 21 February 2013

Five in Five update: Date #2 = Postponed

My father is a man of many talents. One of his greatest talents is embarrassing the crap outta me, and what better time to do that, than when (he thinks) I'm on a Five in Five charity date.

Last night while I was visiting my parents, I gave them a run down on my dates thus far. Of course they wanted the credentials and job titles of each and I reminded them that this was dating 'for charity' and not to marry me off just yet. Dad raised an eyebrow when I mentioned that one of my dates was a bus driver/stunt man, but said no more.

As I got in the car to leave, I called back to Dad and said, "Make sure you look at the sky about 6:30pm tomorrow night, you might see Batman fly over on his way to our date."

"Batman??? You didn't tell me the stunt man was BATMAN" Now Dad was interested.

So tonight, when I was scheduled to be on my Putt Putt date with 'Batman', this picture message came through on my phone from Dad:



(Thankfully) I had to postpone tonight's date as I've picked up the tummy bug that's going around the office. 'Batman' suggested strawberry milk and smarties as a good all-round remedy... and who am I to argue with Batman.


Putt Putt Golf with Date #2 (aka Batman) will be rescheduled for next week.

Progress check:

  • Dessert with Date #3 on Saturday
  • Will make contact with Date #4 and Date #5 tomorrow
  • Waiting on contact from Date #6 (yes, there is a bonus round - I'm not going to turn people away from a charity event)
  • Donations have come rolling in since the successful completion of Date #1 - I am now only $20 away from my goal of $200
  • Five and Five is now giving away a skydive experience to the highest fundraiser and their favourite date. I might as well smash two fears at the same time - awkward social situations and HEIGHTS.
Thank you to everyone who has donated funds, bachelors and enthusiasm to this great cause!!


If you think fathers who embarrass their daughters on dates should be applauded, donate here:
http://my.artezpacific.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=532976&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=http%3a%2f%2ffiveinfive.org.au%2f

If you think fathers who embarrass their daughters on dates should be disgraced, donate here:
http://my.artezpacific.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=532976&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=http%3a%2f%2ffiveinfive.org.au%2f


No comments:

Post a Comment